Parents and European school Luxembourg I representatives will meet the Fonds Kirchberg on 11th October 2021.
Parents’ concern about the safety of access to the school has increased following the rapid development of the Kirchberg plateau:
- the car park in front of the Kindergarten building – rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi – disappeared. Parking Adenauer 2 minutes walk to our Maternelle and Secondary school is still working. Parking Coque 1 3 minutes walking to our school Primary buildings is still working
- the accessibility of rue Antoine de Saint-Exupéry and rue Léon Hengen was greatly reduced with the creation of a bus terminal.
- the diversion of all bus traffic through Adenauer Boulevard has increased traffic jams around the school.
What are the points in the agenda?
The top ones that 43% of the school population replied in our survey:
- Concern for the safety of children – 73% of respondents
Point for the agenda: How children’s safety is ensured with this new traffic set up?
- Access to school is problematic – 75% of respondents
How to guarantee a smooth access to our school?
- Difficulty finding where to stop and drop children off safely – 63% of respondents
How to facilitate our children’s arrivals?
Are you contributing for a less-polluted safer school?
Get a new routine!
- By train: stop Pfaffental-Rout Bréck
- By tram: Stop Coque
- By bus:
- School buses customised every year to fulfil parents’ requirements https://atseee.eu/
- School buses organised by la Ville de Luxembourg https://www.vdl.lu/fr/se-deplacer/en-bus/transport-scolaire/courses-scolaires-pour-lenseignement-secondaire/transport-scolaire-ecole-europeenne-1-kirchberg
- The official bus net
- By bike:
- Your own bike: school bike parks in the main entrances
- Veloh ! La ville de Luxembourg bikes