In a long school day Sodexo has to put in the trash almost 200kg of wasted food from the European School Kirchberg.
The winner for the most waste is Primary:
Data provided by Sodexo with the actual number of students having lunch (Mondays average)
What is this?
This project began on 29th September, World Anti-Gaspi Day initiated by the United Nations. The actions carried out are:
- Each week, the amount of food not consumed by the pupils (leftovers) is displayed in each canteen: maternelle, primary and secondary
- Secondary pupils can weigh their own uneaten food
- At the beginning of December 2021 our school will host the travelling anti-gaspi exhibition of the Luxembourg Ministry of Agriculture
We invite all parents to support our action.
Please inform your child:
- Students could request smaller portions
- Students can try to finish their plate
Reducing this waste means:
- more food for all: 28% of the world’s agricultural land is used to produce lost or wasted food
- Less greenhouse gas emissions: food loss and waste generate 8% of global greenhouse gas emissions
- less pressure on the environment