If you wish to become a member of the Parents’ Association for European School Luxembourg 1 (APEEEL1) then please complete one of the two membership application forms before below and send the paperwork to the APEEEL1 office in the Primary building.
Option One- Manual Payment
If you do not wish to set up a standing order and you choose to pay the fees manually each year. The membership form can be Emailed to the office and the payment made straight away.
If you are or will be new to the school, please could you circle ‘yes’ at the bottom of the application form where it asks if you are a newcomer to the school sept. 2023. The payment date in this instance should be 01/10/2023.
Option Two-Payment via standing order
You can choose to set up a standing order so that the fees are automatically paid to us each year (your bank may charge you a transactional fee for setting this up). The original version of the form needs to be provided to the office – this can not be sent via Email.
If you are or will be new to the school, please could you circle ‘yes’ at the bottom of the application form where it asks if you are a newcomer to the school sept. 2023. The payment date in this instance should be 01/10/2023. Any Membership applications after September should have the first payment date as two weeks after the submission date.
About your APEEEL1 Membership
Membership of APEEEL1 is open to any parent with children attending the European School Luxembourg 1 (Kirchberg).
Amongst other things it gives parents the right to vote at General Meetings and in Elections, thereby allowing an input into policy-making. All parents are encouraged to become active members of the APEEEL1. The procedure is straightforward : simply complete the relevant application form and return this to the APEEEL1 secretariat. The forms are available for download from this site (see above) and in paper format from the office in the Primary building. The annual membership fee is currently EUR 50 per family. This financial contribution helps finance the various activities organised by the APEEEL1 management committee during the year on behalf of the school community. We make maximum use of volunteers, but some expenses are simply unavoidable. We look forward to your membership!
1. The annual membership fee is decided by General Assembly. It is currently EUR 50 per family. Only families with children attending the European School can apply for membership.
2. The relevant application form is available for download from the APEEEL1 website.
3. The form should be completed and provided to the secretariat (office C002). The bank transfer instruction will be sent to the bank by the secretariat for parents wishing to pay by Standing Order. Only after receipt of the payment, a personal identification membership code will be issued. Your membership will be valid one calendar year.
4. Unless the standing order is cancelled, membership is automatically renewed each year.
5. Membership is primarily an explicit statement of support for the work of the APEEEL1 – however membership also confers certain advantages in terms of access to information and to actions organised by the APEEEL1.