Education Support Working Ggroup
All children are different and some may need extra support either at specific moments or throughout their school careers. The European Schools are required to provide educational support to children based on their specific needs, from special talents to physical or intellectual disabilities.
- General support is short-term assistance for pupils who may be experiencing difficulty in a particular aspect of a subject, may need to ‘catch up’ due to late arrival in school or illness or may be working in their non-mother tongue. It is based on a Group Learning Plan (GLP).
- Moderate support is longer-term assistance for pupils with a mild learning difficulty or in need of more targeted support. It is based on an Individual Learning Plan (ILP).
- Intensive support is provided for two distinct groups also based on an ILP:
- A – on an ongoing basis for pupils with special educational (learning, emotional, behavioural or physical) needs.
- B – on a short-term basis for pupils with an acute educational need, e.g. language to access the curriculum.
- The European Schools’ official policy on educational support.
- The European Schools’ official procedural document on the provision of educational support.
- European School Luxembourg 1 school-specific guidelines for primary & nursery.
- European School Luxembourg 1 school-specific guidelines for secondary.
The Parents’ Association can advise the parents of children requiring educational support in a number of ways, for example by sharing information and helping them in their contacts with the School.
If your child requires educational support, or you think that s/he might, or you just want to know what’s happening in terms of educational support, please don’t hesitate to contact us (see Useful contacts tab).
www.dyspel.org Dyspel asbl is a support group for families and professionals in Luxembourg with an interest in dyslexia and other special educational needs run entirely by volunteers.
VAGO Anna Maria
COUGHLAN John (Pres)
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.